The 7 Laws of Fat loss. I thought to myself earlier this week, what are the top or most important things that you have to do on a daily basis when in the middle of a fat loss regime or cycle and came up with these 7. There are obviously a lot more but if I had to pick the things that would give the most impact on losing body fat, then it would be these ones
In order of importance –
1) DO eat at an all PROTEIN and FAT breakfast. DO NOT eat Carbs (cereal, toast, granola or drink any fruit juice ). Why? Examples of this can be found >>>here<<<
This is so important that it virtually eclipses the remaining 6 points. If you do one thing and only one thing out of these 7, then do this!
2) DO weight training or resistance training as the bulk of your training sessions. Weight training is hands down the BEST way to burn body fat. DO NOT spend too much time doing cardio. >>>find out why here<<<
3) DO eat 4-6 small sittings of food per day. This will keep your metabolism elevated throughout the day and provide a consistent source of energy. DO NOT skip meals. Your body will think it is being starved so will hold onto your fat stores as a survival mechanism. Very smart if you think about it but very bad in terms of fat loss.
4) DO eat a source of protein with EVERY meal. Protein is thermogenic in nature meaning the body actually uses calories in digesting and processing protein. It will also keep you fuller for longer meaning you will less be less likely to break your diet. DO NOT eat simple carbohydrates or sugar of any sort, eg white bread, pasta, rice, breakfast cereal, sugar and limit your fruit intake
5) DO supplement your diet with a protein shake. Contrary to popular belief, this will not make ANY female big and bulky (see here for more) DO NOT believe the rubbish the guy at work tells you about protein shakes making you big and bulky 🙂
6) DO have lots of essential fats in your daily diet and DO supplement with a good quality FISH OIL. Fat is an important part of your diet when losing body fat and strangely enough, good fats make you thin, not fat. Confused? Look here for more on that. DO NOT eat fat-free foods and keep your fat intake low when trying to lose body fat. Fat free usually means high sugar.
7) DO drink 2-3 litres per day. Water is incredibly important on any fat loss programme. Good hydration will help you burn body fat. DO NOT restrict your water intake as this will have the opposite effect on your body making your store water and appear bloated.
So there we have my top 7 points to adhere to when trying to lose body fat. I have one more bonus point for those that have made it this far……the cheat meal! Yes that’s right, you can literally cheat yourself thin. Enjoy!
Fat loss is easy when you know how yet so many people struggle. Stick to these points and you will be amazed at your results 🙂
Train hard, live easy.
Gavin @ UCB
PS. Free diet 30min diet consultation to anyone that gets this far and emails me on email@example.com with the word “diet” in the subject title 🙂